From 6 April 2020:
- Employers will need to comply with the new requirements for written terms and conditions of employment – these apply to workers and employees. Read our recent article on this topic here.
- Employer national insurance contributions will be payable on the balance of any termination payment in excess of £30,000.
- The new right to parental bereavement leave will apply.
The following statutory payments will increase:
Statutory maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave pay will increase to £151.20 from 5 April;
Statutory sick pay will increase to £95.85 per week;
The maximum week's pay for statutory redundancy payments will increase to £538;
National minimum wage rates will increase with effect from 1 April 2020:
- the national living wage for workers aged 25 and over increases to £8.72 per hour;
- the rate for workers aged 21 to 24 increases to £8.20 per hour, to £6.45 for workers aged 18 to 20 and to £4.55 for workers aged 16 or 17.